Saturday, March 3, 2012

B Is For BABY, B is for Bats

Just to share the two very simple cards that I made using some of my scraps yesterday.


Card 1: Hey Baby. You're a star!

2012 is the year of Dragon in Chinese Calendar. Dragon Years are a busy time for parents (the newly weds) and babies. In Eastern Oriental (especially the Chinese) opinion, people, especially males, born this year will be more intelligent and have bright and successful futures. So 2012 is a baby-booming year and this card is just perfect to be sent to the expectant parents. Since this card is in Blue & with some stars, I've decided it's a boy card. I m submitting this card for CAS-ual Fridays: Hey Baby Challenge and please click on the link to check out other fabulous submissions.



Card 2: The Bats say: Fallin' For You

Found this cute Unity Stamps sets with halloween theme. I am so in love with the cute bats and decided to make another card with punny quotes again. A very simple card with a bit of stamping, cutting and tying twines. Ta-dah... What a cute way to express your love. Who doesn't want a bat-lover now? =) I think I might be making more card using the bats... with sentiments like 'hang in there'. I am using this card to play along with CASE Study Challenge #80.The inspiration for this challenge will be the below card created by the muse, Laura Bassen.

Note: This card is not done by me. This is the inspiration card done by Laura Bassen for the CASE Study challenge. 
Love how Laura layered the hearts and add some stitching on it. I picked the color combination of her card to use it on my Bats card.

Something random: I found a fabulous GIVEAWAY (repeat after me: G-I-V-E-A-W-A-Y) from A Dog's Life blog. Tina is having a major scrap room make over and *purging* a lot of awesome goodies. Do click on the link above to check out the details. Be a follower of her blog / share the link on your blog to earn a chance to win. Isn't that easy peasy?

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous cas cards!! And gorgeous colors as well :) Have a nice day, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards!! Super cute and great design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are really cute. I love the colors of your cards.. that bat one is adorable too :) hgus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are stunningly cute!!! Very very gorgeous indeed!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hearts being stitched that way! how did you cut 3 hearts of different sizes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madey. the card not done by me la. it's done by the Muse for inspiration =)

      Delete
  7. Both cards are simply adorable! Simple, clean but so cute! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your cards are adorable, I love the colors you've used, the one with the hearts is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your balloons for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh...these are soooo cute! Love the dimension on the balloons and those bats! How fun! :)

    P/s: Thanks for your suggestion on the lamp shade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet cards! Thanks for dropping by my blog and for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute! Love the little patterned balloons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant cards, love the bats! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now these are great! Each unique. Super cute baby card. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)