Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mini Album⎪Love* Documented

Hello there! As promised I have been drafting and scheduling my blog posts for my November projects and also some of the older projects that I have been procrastinating to upload and post here. Some of my projects are in my new Mac and some are in my old MacBook Pro. And my external HD screwed uo... =( This made backing up and transferring files a tad tougher now.

Today I am sharing a mini album that I made for a sweet Instagram friend, Fumiko-san. This mini album documented the love of her life - her family and her two cute doggies -Vespa & Cooper. I am not so much a mini album girl, the thought of putting a whole albums (of at least 10 pages) put me off sometimes. But once I started cutting papers and bound all the pages together, printed photos, things just gets easier. The hardest part would be editing and printing photos =P

I made this in September using mainly Hello Again collection by Carta Bella. Loving the washed / watercolor papers and loving all the patterns here. Working with my favorite papers make the whole process much easier and I got this done in a night, at two sitting. *Feeding baby once in between*

Fumko requested the cover to have a stitched heart with sequins. I am more than happy to do that since i am obsessed with sequins and machine stitching. I have always been a fan of simple cover pages for mini album, maybe it makes storing the album relatively easier?

P9070439

I have left some journaling spots on some of the pages so that she could add her own journaling when she got the album.

P9070440

P9070442

Using some of the love quotes from my Kikki.K Inspiration book - In dreams & in love there are no impossibilities. 

P9070444

P9070447

P9070452

P9070453

P9070456

P9070459

P9070460

P9070462

This mini album ended up being so bulky but I am loving it! And am glad that Fumiko loves it too! Nothing beats putting a smile on the recipient's face right? 

I am trying to blog more nowadays... slowly posting my old & new projects and also hopefully I would be able to squeeze in some time for my zillions amigurumi WIPs. Thanks for looking! And do drop me some comments to let me know what do you want to read from my blog. Or maybe set a challenge for me? ;) XoXo

sam-sig

11 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!! I love it. And I'm certain that your friend will too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow super love this!!! Really pretty album :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this mini book is soooooooo cute! Great work always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. may be the dogs in the photos makes u extra happy HAHAHAH.. u should promote more of your dog loving sb-ing, ivan's photos taking over the dog-pages now *___*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mini album Sam! Such a lovely gift for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute! I love the collection by Carta Bella and this album matches perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your albums are always stunners ! I'm such a fan, especially when I struggle with minibooks all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you did this mini album. Ive always wanted to try a mini album but ive always been nervous about the lack of space on a page. Thanks for giving me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I love it! How do you stitch on vellum to make the shakers? Do you find that you have mess with the thread tension a lot? I have had some tension issues sewing on paper...so I am scared to give vellum a try! lol Please let me know.

    Thanks, V

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)