Monday, May 12, 2014

Layout⎪Big Big Thanks *Elle's Studio*

Hi there, I have been trying to blog more, not only with my monthly assignments, and I also want to try sharing more tutorials on making random stuffs and amigurumi, do leave me a comment to to let me know what tutorials do you want me to make ;)

And today I am going to share a layout that I made for my parents (again!) just because they are such awesome grandparents to Ivan. It was a huge decision that we decided to relocate back to our hometown, Kuala Lumpur, last year September. It wasn't a smooth and easy transition for us, but I am quite glad that Ivan gets to grow up in a very very loved environment, that he gets to spend a lot of quality time with the gramps. Trust me, the gramps are way more patient than me when it comes to playing + reading to Ivan. 

When I say the May Digital Cut Files from Elle's Studio, I knew I am gonna make a huge cut file using the word thanks. Instead of using acrylic paints to make paint strokes, I decided to switch things up a little using Faber Castel Gelatos. I try to stick to colours in the picture which are - grey, blue and a lot of green (from Ivan's feeding bib).

This is a pretty simple layout, that I try to focus the layering and added a bunch of embellishments on the top and keep the white space at the bottom. Again, pretty much in love with how the huge cut file *THANKS* remain as the focal point of the layout. Guess I will still keep doing the paint strokes and cut files combination on many of my future layouts until I am sick of it, Lol ;P


And here's are the close up of the layouts:

I have also added some arrow puffy stickers from my Shop Evalicious stash. I had them sitting on my desk so I just couldn't resist adding them to my page.



Thanks for dropping by! and do remember to check out the Design Team Gallery to view all the awesome projects by the DT girls.

XoXo, 
sam-sig

3 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)