Friday, January 27, 2012

Made With Love

I collected the prize that I won from Made With Love 'Scrap This & That' Challenge 5 the next day I found out the good news.

Of course, I used the gift voucher within 30 minutes after I got hold of it. MWL is having a special bins priced ar $2, $6,$8, $16 filled with some interesting goodies. And of course, I can never resist any sales at our LSS. 

Call me a shopaholic! All these goodies are worth more than my $20 voucher. I forking out my own money to purchase the goodies. =P I super love the hot air balloons embellishment and the clear stamps from American Crafts. I used both the Hot Air Balloons & clear stamp in my latest layout. 

I play along with the next 'Scrap This & That' challenge hosted by MWL Design Team Piradee as well. This round is a color challenge based on the below pictures from Pinterest.

The main colors is Kraft, Brown, Green & Yellow. Very very refreshing spring colors. And this is my first time joining a color challenge. To me this is much challenging than a sketch challenge.

Here's my take on the color challenge that I spent 2 full days doing it. Call me a slow scrapper =P

Tadah! Pretty not? I max love this layout as this is dedicated to my hubby as part of the Valentine's day gift.

This layout is to commemorate our 15th anniversary. We aren't that old that we have been married for 15 years. It just that we have got to know each other 15 years ago. This layout made me feel so 'old'. hahahaha. I asked him what does he think of our 15-year relationship from being classmate, to best friend, to couple, to frenemy and finally got hitched in September last year. He replied me that he's still very in love with me. So sweet of him =) Thus I added that in part of the title (right under the 15 years part).

This is basically a very simple layout with some hand-cutting hearts & punching out some MS butterflies. I try to stick to only yellow, brown, green & kraft color to go with the theme of the color challenge. The tricky part is sewing / hand-stitching the borders, hearts and butterflies to the layout. I can never sew a button properly and that explains why it took me 2 FULL days to complete this simple layout.

I also use the sketch from Sketch365 January Challenge. This sketch is such an amazing sketch and I like how the embellishments become the attraction of the page.

And I have tucked in a stack of hidden journalling behind the photo. I printed some of the reasons why I love him on the pattern paper. Love how it lovely turned out.

More pictures of the layout: 
Couldn't help adding some twine to the layout. The twine does consider as KRAFT color right?

The title goes like this: 15 years... Still in love

Could you spot the cute Made With Love washi tape? It matches so well with the theme of my layout.

Supplies used: Pattern paper: Pink Paislee - Nantucket, Basic Grey - Kissing Booth, Jillibean - Apple Cheddar Soup,  scraps from Liana's workshop that we made a book folder, MS Classic butterfly punch, Crop-a-dile, Made With Love wash tape, AC Thickers & transparency to hold my hidden journalling.

Thanks for dropping by! XoXo




1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam,

    thanks for playing along and the your layout is absolutely gorgeous!! love all the little details and those mini butterflies are too too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)