Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Love Concoction

We went for Cocktail class for beginners one of the weekend and i scrapped 2 layouts the very next day. Just wanted a very very simple layout to house all the pics that I took during the class.

Love the pie stamps in the July Kit. So pretty and versatile! For some stupid reasons, my Cameo isn't working very well thus I hand-cut the "LOVE" word using pen knife. I guess it turn out awesome too =) I adore every embellies in the July kit to bits... the birdie wood veneer, the stamps, the flags and the papers are all so pretty!




I want to add some mixed-media technique to this particular layout dedicated for my scrappy - stamping buddy, Cheryl. She pretty much adore mixed media techniques in her layout while I always prefer my layout to be clean and tidy.

I didn't know what to deal with the acrylic paint so I just splashed a huge amount of white acrylic paint on the papers and used a paint brush to spread it rather un-evenly. Then dry it with heat gun until it created some bubbles due to the thick layer of paint. 

The speech bubbles are die cut from using silhouette file from the Studio Calico classes.

Love the flower embellies to bits. and also the two thickers in the kit. 


Oh... did I mention I love the woodgrain papers to bits too? It is slightly thicker than the normal white card stock and the woodgrain print on it is subtle but makes a huge difference to the texture of the layout.


I stamp the title with Stepping Stone alphas and embossed with white embossing powder. Splash some mist using my paint brush. Love how the woodgrain print showed up on the background.

The sunburst hexagon stamps is one of my new have nowadays.

Misting and cutting and stamping —> makes this layout one of my FAVE of the month!

More and more layouts plus mini albums to be shared soon! And guess what? I am meeting up with one of my scrappy girly tomorrow to learn rubber stamp carving. I am sooooo excited now! Thanks for looking =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)