I total spent 35 minutes on this simple layout (which doesn't include the time I print and edit photo).
30 minutes - looking for the Dear Lizzy 6x6 pad
5 minutes - on a layout
Gentle reminder to self: Keep my supplies organised so that I would spend more time scrapping than looking for stuff ;) Since I only spent 5 minutes working on the layout, I would share with you how I did it. This is actually the left page of my PL week 45.
I decided to make it in a 12x12 layout this week simply because I am lazy to work on each individual pocket. Don't get me wrong. I love decorating each and every pocket but sometimes I do have time constraint in keeping my PL up to date and I found this 5-minute layout works extremely well for me.
1. Print 4 photos of 2.5'x2.5'. Gotta be smaller than 3 inch each so that we could fit 4 photos on a piece of 6x6 paper.
2. I just work on my routine - laying white card stock on a piece of 12x12 paper from my stash. These are my staples that I breath, eat, drink my white cardstocks. It shows how important they are to me.
3. Once background done, I tear 3 pieces of 6x6 papers from the paper pad. Ok, these ar emu last 3 pieces so I have no choice at all! *LOL*
4. Layer the 3 pieces of papers as photo mat, then arrange the printed photos in grid style. You can never go wrong with a grid layout right?
5. I didn't have much embellies on hand, so I hand cut and punch out some shapes to create my own banner. And also added a fussy cut flowers from the paper pad at the bottom right to create a cluster.
6. Can never call it done without some mist splatter right?
Note: the title '45' is from the June/July CTK kit.
Making your own banner is always easy. Cut some square, triangles and rectangle, punch out some half-circle then stitch them down. You have your own cute little banners. Easy way to perk up any page!
Fussy cut flowers and exclusive wood chips to create a simple cluster.
A few days after I am done with the week 45 spread, I was thinking why not making this into a double page layout since I have a few more photos form my Week 45. Then I used the same steps but now working on 9 photos for the right spread. And this took me total 10 minutes! I absolutely love this week spread because i only sent 15 mins to get it done and it also looks different from my usual weekly spreads in pockets!
And here's the right page of Week 45:
I typed the journalling with my pink tappy. The cursive font is to die for! Did you notice that I didn't stamp the specified date on each of the photo? Because all these happened in week 45 so I guess I shouldn't be too particular with the exact date. Else stamping the date might take up another 5-10 mins of my time ;)
Thanks for looking! Do share with me once you have created a 5-10 minutes layout!