Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Altered Projects | Fauxdori for My Shanghai Trip *Freckled Fawn*

Hello there,  I am sure some of you knew that I have just joined Freckled Fawn creative team in August onwards. I am so so so thrilled and can't believe I got picked to join this amazing team. When I got my happie mail from Freckled Fawn this month, I wanted to use it to set up my new Filofax Calipso in Bright Blue.


Here's a few photos of the super cute August kit. I know I am late posting this up, but sharing is caring right? I just love the cute transparent stickers that I could use it in my planner or journals!




>>>>>>> Warning: This is a photo-heavy post!! <<<<<<

Then I changed my plan on how I want to use the August kit. I decided to make a Fauxdori / HappieDori (Happie Scrappie's version of fauxdori) and use it for my Shanghai Trip in end of August. (was meant to post this blog post before I left for my trip, but never mind ;))



Some of the goodies that I plan to bring with me so that I could do some journaling during the trip.
1. Tape glue and washi tapes are travel necessity. Even my hubs agrees.
2. Weather & Travel themed Stickers that I made myself using the JuneJuly stamp set. I stamped them on white label stickers and cut them out.
3. Papers clips, stickers and some Project Life cards as embellishments.
4. Was thinking if I should bring s roller stamps with me. But stamping while I travel is so messy.
5. Pens pens pens >> Even picking the right pens would be a tough decision ;P




Then I slot in some PL cards into a sticky pocket (available in my shop) and also some random Freckled Fawn goodies into the PVC zipper pockets from Midori.



Here's the cover page that I embellished using goodies in the Oh Deer Me kit. I especially love how cute the fabric tag that says Adventure Time and also the Foam Alpha-stickers.


I also divided my journal book into 3 sections - using Martha Stewart tabs and decorate it with the transparent stickers in Oh Deer Me kit.


Inside of the cover: I machine stitched two sides of 2 PL cards. Then glue it down to the kraft cover to use it as pockets to keep receipts and what-nots. 
First page of the journal: my travel itinerary / flight details.


This page is a notepad from Target that my friend, Evelin sent to me. I used it to write down things that I need to pack. 


Using the stamp set in August kit here, to list down things / presents that I needed to pack for my Instagram bestie - Golf.

I used the July stamp set (travel-themed) to make my own list for things to be completed before I leave + my travel itinerary.



P.s.: I have completed the travel journal and also filmed a video to show you guys. will make another blog post showing the updated photos soon! Stay tuned ;)

XoXo,
sam-sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)