Tuesday, September 1, 2015

All About Dashboards


Hello friends! It’s Ruth @threadofhearts and in today’s post I’m going to share with you how I used some of the dashboards in the July Happie Scrappie Kit. One of my favorite things about ring binders is the ability to change out the dividers and dashboards.  A dashboard is the first thing you see as you open your planner and I’ve seen them being used for decorative purposes or to place sticky notes on them.  It’s an easy way to personalize your planner to fit your personality and needs.  For the month of July, Sam created the cutest critter dashboards.  The first thing I did was laminate one of them and placed it in my personal sized planner.  Aside from looking cute, it serves as a place where I can place sticky notes or important to-do lists.  It can also be used as a page marker to “mark” the current week. 



On the back of the dashboard I placed a self-adhesive business card holder that serves as a pocket.  I bought the business card holders at a local office supply store but you can easily create a pocket using vellum paper or cardstock paper. 



Lately, I have been using a pocket agenda for my on-the-go planner.  I love that just because the kits are meant for A5 or personal size, I can use them in any of the sizes I own.  For my pocket agenda I folded the critter dashboard to create a pocket.  Once it was folded it fit perfect in the agenda! The pocket was perfect for stickers or stamps. 



And since I loved the dashboards so much, I decided to use it to create a gift pocket for a special friend who will be having a birthday this month!!  I filled it with candies and other cute planner goodies.  How cute would it be to use it as a cute way of wrapping a gift card?!  The possibilities are endless!! 





Have a fantastic week friends!!  Feel free to tag me on Instagram @threadofhearts to show me your creative dashboards!!  


XOXO,
Ruthie C.

Things I have used in this blog post.

Dashboards: Foxy and Critters
Notepads




1 comment:

  1. Omg there so cute, i love the owl one =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)