Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Love For Washi Tapes

Washi tapes, MT, masking tapes, decorative masking tapes, MT masking tapes, deco tapes, tissue tapes.... you name it... They are just perfect for gift wrapping, 
scrapbooking and card making. What is Washi tapes? Read this fabulous post by Omiyage Blogs on the info & history of washi tapes. 


I have been using washi tapes generously in every (almost every, I'm not kidding here) projects that I am working on, be it scrapbooking, card making and book binding. I stumble upon Omiyage Blogs on sharing the simple yet awesome ideas of using washi tapes. I have decided to share my ideas of using washi tapes in this post too. 


Firstly, I would like to show you my collection of washi tapes... I have 3 more rolls of tapes from Ki Memories aren't showed here.

How I store my tapes and this donut box is kinda full now! I think i can only fit 1 or 2 more tapes in it.
This is how I use washi tape here:

1) On scrapbooking layout - Washi tapes are great for adding textures & layering! I used at least 7 washi tapes in this layout.

 2) Making cute flags 

3) Perfect for layering, layering and layering - make the project even more colourful

4) Adding some words to the photo without using photo-editing software. Just stick the washi tapes on the photo and you are done!

5) Sticking the photos down. But I'm a freak who always worries that the tapes aren't strong enough to hold the pictures, so I always tape glued on the back of the photos and add some washi tapes. The grey polka dots tape is my new fave at the moment. So versatile but subtle.

6) For card-making. Adding borders and try sticking some on the mini clothespin here. Cute huh?

7) For card-making. adding texture to the punched heart here. Now that you could easily tell I'm a big fans of polka dots!



8) For card-making too! I sticked the washi tape on a piece of white cardstock and start stamping on it with black Staz-On. And the ink stays! fussy cut and did some paper-piecing in this cute card.
p.s.: This is my first time seeing a polka-dots plane. =)

9) Book-binding. I hate it when my 6x6 paper pads fall apart after i tear 1~2 pages out. Washi tape is the perfect solution for this problem.

I have even more ideas on how to use washi tape, ermm.. maybe we can just continue on another post in the future! Do leave me a comment on to share with me how you use the cute tapes. 

3 comments:

  1. Great list of washi tape uses! Thanks for sharing! i must say, your doughnut tape holder is so cute! :) Thanks for leaving sweet comments on my posts and becoming a follower! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I just recently got addicted to washi tapes. They are so much fun to play with! Thanks for sharing your projects :)

    I also adore the doghnut box/container that you use to store the washi tape. If it's alright with you, may I ask where you purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your great ideas!
    Just got some and now just want to put it on everything! lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)