Thursday, January 3, 2013

Think Out Of The Box

Happy new year people!! And here to share my first craft project of year 2013...

Let's do something out of the box. Yea... i really decorate outside of the shipping boxes with all my scrap papers, Thickers and washi tapes. 

I started decorating this scrap box with the leftover from June/July Studio Calico kit. I keep all my scrap papers from the kits & silhouette cut. I tone the colorful papers with a layer of white acrylic paint. Love how it turn out.

Gonna use this box to keep my latest Studio Calico kit. When new kit arrived, then I will swap the current content with the kit. Its easier to dig thru' the papers, embellies and stamps in a box than in the crop bag. 

This is the box to keep my Work-In-Progress projects. I might need another WIP box as I have too many abandoned projects.

and lastly, a box that I used for misting and splattering. I added a layer of gesso then splatter some Mister Huey on the box. Blow it with a straw and tadah! here's the outcome. I might try this for one of my layout after i practice yoga more. I was feeling dizzy half way through >_< 

Saw some pretty watercolor tags on Pinterest. I cut a few shipping tags with watercolor paper. Stamped and heat embossed with White Zing. Paint different colors with Mister Huey. Tadah! The ombre effect turn out super pretty!


Close-up of the tags. I just love those Amy Tangerine stamps from sketchbook collection. I found that White Zing works much better than clear embossing powder. 

And then, my washi-fied MacBook Pro keyboard. My keyboard was in plain black color. so I layer the keyboard with solid white washi tape then add another layer of colorful washi. End up it was too opaque and I can't read the letter on the keys. So I marked each of them with my trustable black Sharpie. 

Thanks for looking. I hope you have done something out of the box this year to!

6 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)