Friday, June 13, 2014

Layouts⎪Happy Father's Day *mambi*

I made not one, but two layouts for father's day using my favourite Me & My Big Ideas products. One for my hubs, and for my baby's favourite grandpa in the universe. I didn't make any father's day cards for them because they prefer getting a completed layout more than getting a card which they normally just toss them away. LoL.

Before showing you my layout, I gotta show you what inspires me on creating these two layouts. I am very interested in starting my own art journal, although I am still learning all the techniques and no where to be near those amazing ladies on Sodalicious team. I kept pinning Nulka's art journal pages to my Pinterest board which you could find here.

I am loving the soft colour with some black droplets which I tried to mimic below (but failed big time) LoL.


I added gesso to my white card stock then started adding water-colour to my page once the gesso is dry. I kinda like the cool effect of the water-colour background but I think the big black droplets ruin the page. But it's fine, I still love the page because it features such cute photos of my super baby. I totally miss his chubby thighs!


Cute chalkboard sticker that go with wooden clothespin. Too cute!


Got inspiration for the title from the Me & My Big Ideas paper pad that I was working with.


Then I move on to another layout with mixed media technique too. it isn't visible here because I added white molding paste (with a star stencil from Prima Marketing) on a piece of white card stock.

Here's the close up of the background:




Just a simple title: to remind my boy what he does with the gramps everyday - They always sing and play at the front porch. Thats their highlight of the day, everyday.


To be honest, I have scrapped these two photos previously. But its totally fine to scrap your favourite photos again, and again right? HAve you ever scrap the same photos at least twice? I have even scrapped 4 times for the same photo. Lol. Tell about obsession here.


Happy father's day to all the dad, grandpas, uncles! Have a great weekend!

XoXo,
sam-sig




1 comment:

  1. I only do PL so I don't repeat the photos! But there're really just some photos I love so much I can keep looking at them all day! Great to see you scrap the same photo in different ways! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)