Friday, September 25, 2015

Using the August Kit in my Agenda


Hello! It’s Ruthie (@threadofhearts) sharing with you how I’ve used the August Happie Planner Kit.  This month was a make-up theme which was super girly and cute!  The illustrations by Sarazorel (IG: @sarazorel) were beautiful and the journaling cards were some of my favorite to date (I probably say that every month)!  First off, the dashboard is gorgeous.  I love that the quote is the first thing I see as I open my agenda. 




The journaling cards are so beautiful that I’ve used them throughout my agenda simply as decoration.  I used a post it note with a side tab to avoid having to hole-punch the actual card.  It’s a trick I picked up somewhere in the planner world.  ;)



To get the most out of my inserts, I decided to cut some of them in half.  My to-do list is usually not too long, and by cutting them I can repurpose the bottom half.  I usually stamp on a header and use them randomly for groceries, errands, or goals.



One of my favorite things to make for planners are pockets.  You can never have too many of them!!  For this month, I used two of the punched inserts to create one.  I simply cut one of the inserts diagonally and attached it on top of another insert.  To attach them you can sew them or use glue/double sided tape.  Easy Peasy!!  Cute and functional!! 



For this kit, Sam also included a cute pack of sticky notes.  I simply laminated one and its now being used to hold some of my favorite washitape !  It can also be used as a small page marker in your planner or as a bookmark in your favorite book. 


I hope you have enjoyed this post!  I always have fun opening up the kit and trying to figure out ways of incorporating it into my planner.  I’m hoping next month I can set-up my Happiedori!!  As always, feel free to tag me in your Instagram photos to show me how you’ve used up your planner goodies.  “Happie” planning friends! 

XOXO
Ruthie @threadofhearts

Things that I used in this blog post.

Dashboard and Page Marker
Beauty Theme Journaling Cards

Makeup Theme Personal Inserts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)