Monday, January 23, 2012

Artful Delight January Sketch Challenge: Sam & Lynn

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Gong Xi Fatt Cai!
I played along with the January sketch challenge by Artful Delight. I made the layout without pictures in Singapore earlier and brought it back to Malaysia just to add the pictures. Luckily I managed to make it (i.e. print the pictures) very very last minute.


Here's the awesome sketch by one of the Delightful Designer Abby:



I didn't have a circle cutter, so I normally use the lace doilies as the circle background. And I flipped the whole sketch horizontally so it doesn't look too similar to my latest layout for Miss Popcorn.


Here's my take on following the sketch:


My bestie, Lynn was suggesting me to scrap a layout using our pictures. Those are pictures were taken in Oct 2010 during our Orientation training. The color of the layout was picked from the green / dark teal color of her floral print dress. I followed the sketch by adding the long stripes and doilies in the background and build my clusters of embellishment from there. 

I kind of completed the whole layout in Singapore and added the pictures in Malaysia. I didn't have time to print the pictures as by the time I found out the Sketch Challenge it was a day before my trip back to Hometown. I could not bring my scrapbooking tools + my beloved scissors during my flight back. So i quickly finished the layout and stuff the layout in a box and hand carry it to airport. I couldn't scrap a layout without pictures so I cut two pieces of card stock in 3R sized as photo mat to gauge the placement of my embellishments.

The title says: S & L: Size doesn't matter.
S is initial for my name, Sam while L is initial for her nickname: Lynn. I am petite while she is tall and slender. But we are besties despite difference in our size. We even wore the same high heels when we first met! 

I added the bunny stickers from Cosmo Cricket to my blue rosette and it added baby-ish touch to the layout. It also matches my bunny-ears pose in the picture perfectly! And I couldn't help using multicolor buttons as the embellishments. 

Those Floral stickers are "Chip 'n Stick from October afternoon. And I cheated by drawing dotted line mimicking sewing stitches to frame the layout. I can't sew with sewing machine and I don't even have one. Maybe one day I would learn it from my mom >_<

Supplies used: White card stock, Chip 'n Stick from October Afternoon - Modern Homemaker, buttons from my stash, AC Thickers, Mini alphabets from Prima, Hambly Screen Prints - Banner, acrylic paint

Thanks for dropping by! XoXo



4 comments:

  1. WOW, your LO is fabulous. Love all the detail. Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month. I hope you will join us again!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific LO! I love how you flipped the sketch; it totally works Sam, your choice of embellishments and borders are so fun and delightful to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comments. Will definitely join the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)