Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Little Cards

When I am lack of mojo to scrap or I am just too intimidated by the 12x12 LOs (fellow scrappers, I'm sure you get what I mean, hehe), I would start looking for my stamp sets and see what are the cute little cards that I could come up with.

Here are a few simple cards that I completed during my sleepless nights and feeling a little crafty:-

1)  A Pick-Me-Up card for my dear husband.
Hello hubby if you are reading my blog! *Waving* I used mainly Amy Tangerine Sketchbook and Paper Smooches Vegtastic stamp set. I had so much fun playing with my embossing powder & heat gun ever since I have my own craft area. Tools and supplies are always around me so I am more keen to use more tools when I'm crafting.


2) A super belated Birthday card for my scrappy friend, Cheryl. TO be honest, I made the card much much earlier, but I only managed to pass the prezzies + card to her a month after her 21st birthday. Happy belated birthday, Cheryl! :)

The stamp set is from Lawn Fawn, Happy Summer. I stamped the talking ant upside down so I gotta stamp another talking ant and popped it up on the card. I love adding stickles to my cards nowadays. Maybe it's chirstmas real soon, don't you agree? 

I am loving the inside of the card. I splattered 3 different colors of Studio Calico Mists. I think I am gonna make another LOs or cards with this cute splattered background.

3) And finally it's some christmas-ie cards. I just realized I do not have christmas-themed papers nor stamp sets in my stash. I seriously could not believe this when I have several boxes of patterned papers and stamp sets.

So I just make do with some not-so-christmas-ie papers from Crate Papers, die cutting the penguins using my Cameo and stamp some christmas sentiments. It ended up looking kinda Christmas-ie after adding some Stickles and Silver-n-Gold embossed fireworks patterns (which I think it resembles snowflakes, hahahaha) right?

4) I am loving the bubbles mask from Studio Calico so I misted the background way before I knew what I wanted to do with the card. Adding some green papers, Red stickles and twines, then we could have a lovely christmas card without any christmas supplies in our stash right?


I had so much fun digging through my stash trying to make my cards look more christmasy and am happy that I finally have used up some of the supplies. Okay, I gotta be frank here....  making only 4 cards here definitely have not make a dent in my stash considering The rate i build up my stash. Isn't that a norm between scrapbookers and card makers?

Thanks for dropping by. XoXo.


3 comments:

  1. yay!! meeeee... i was wondering about the ant too hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm travelling to Singapore next week. I was planning to visit a couple of scrapbooking stores but now that I googled them I noticed that some of them are not active at the moment... What places would you recommend in Singapore?

    I found you through SC gallery by a search "Singapore". And your beautiful LOs too, really nice work! Also congratulations on the baby-to-be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sannika. PAper MArket is the LSS that I have always frequent. Why don't you contact me via email maybe I could bring you around? =)

      waisam{dot}ho{at}gmail{dot}com

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)