Monday, June 3, 2013

Layout⎪ I'm NOT Perfect *Let's Get Sketchy*

I have a layout up on Let's Get Sketchy this week. Do hop over to check out other inspiration from the rest of the LGS girls.

This is the sketch for June Week 1:
Sketch designed by Jenessa Franco

I love the big circle element in this sketch yet I do not want it to be too overwhelming in my layout. So I machine stitch the circle as background. And I also wanted this layout to be simple and not heavily embellished, so here's my take:

Believe it or not, I was creating this layout when I was really moody. Hence this layout looks very 'sad' and I am totally fine putting this layout to my album. I am determined to document my life, be it happy or sad, all go into my album. And I am surprised how this layout turned out to look kinda gloomy, despite having cutesy stars and bright pink.

Using Studio Calico June kit. Recently i started deciding what color combination i want for my layout, then decide on the element (square, heart, circle, triangle etc) and I will start creating, and NO looking back. I even managed to scrap a layout in 30 minutes when I have my Mojo.

I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect - they are much more interesting.  
- Marc Jacobs


Thanks for looking. And I do hope the sketch either inspire you to start scrapping a layout. Remember to check out Let's Get Sketchy blog on the layouts posted by other LGS girls. XoXo.

8 comments:

  1. Love the circle stitching and color smears :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job Sam! I love the stitched circles. It doesn't look gloomy at all. Your feelings are connected to the page, so that's why you probably see it that way! I love it! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love everything in here Sam! :) and yes nobody is perfect .. only God is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is fantastic! Love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Sam, it's so light and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi sam!nice to meet you!!!!your work is great!!!i love your layouts!!!i'm your new follower!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this layout, Sam! We are not perfect but it's ok :) You are who you are and that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)