Today I am going to share with you how I manage to catch up 7 weeks of PL spreads in 3 days time. And 3 of the weeks were made using October kit.
I came up with a strategy in catching up with my Project Life:
1. Work on the most current week and then work backward whenever I have time. I worked from week 40, then go backward till where I fall behind - week 34.
2. Not more than 12 photos in a week spread. This is vital as I tend to print too many photos, say 20-30 photos just for a weekly page. I ended up making 3~5 pages worth of pages just for one week. Instead, I picked only up to 12 photos that I think it tells the weekly story and print them week by week.
3. Work using a kit. I used Citrus Twist kits for the 3 weeks spread (show below). And I am in love with this month exclusive stamp and the 3x4 cards!
4. Follow the sketches by our inspiration girl Kasia provided in the kit. Sometimes it is hard for me to follow sketches when doing PL, but I love to pick up the way she arrange embellishments in her sketches. So I follow the way she embellished her sketches and that make decorating the cards so much easier!
5. Keep my cards as simple as possible, to get it documented is more important than making sure it looks pretty in my PL album.
Here's my week 40 using only October Pocket Life kit. There are a lot of pink, teal and arrows here.
Loving this month Citrus Twist Kits exclusive cards.
And here are the close-ups of my week 40. Keeping the title card fairly simple, just added strips of papers to a piece of 4x6 patterned paper.
Whoopsie! I realised I have used the journaling card upside-down only when I photo-ed the spread. But it doesn't bother me much! You could see that it writes : 'Notes From Today' right? =P
Loving the exclusive stamp the said 'DAILY BLISS' that came in Citrus Twist October main kit.
Cute photos of my baby and good friend, Trisha definitely made it way to my PL album!