Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tutorial⎪Birthday Banner *Therm'O Web x Elle's Studio*

Elle's Studio has a team up week with Therm O Web this week featuring projects using our collections with their products! Also, make sure you visit their blog, too, for even more inspiration!
Today’s project is by yours truly: A last-minute crafting project for my baby boy's first birthday:
I was so excited when I received a box of goodies from Therm O Web as I was running out of my usual adhesives for few weeks – Love, love, love all the adhesive that Therm O Web sent and I was too thrilled and decided to use it to make a birthday banner for my little one. Among these bunch of goodies, my favorite would be the ZOTS  (the adhesive dots in medium sized) and also tape glue runner! I love how pretty their colors are (in pink, green and purple – all my favorite) and also they are really light. So suitable for someone who craft long hours like me!
ThermOWeb

Here’s the birthday banner that I have made using a lot of Elle’s studio’s papers and Therm O Web adhesive. They are so sticky that I do not have worry that something might fall off after I hang it up on the wall.
Birthday-Banner-1

Here's the simple step-by-step that you could follow making one for your next party too!
Birthday-Banner-Tutorial-1
This is part of the circle garland that I made – which is very easy to be made. All you need is some papers (I use a lot of Elle’s Studio papers in orange and blue, and also some cardstocks), various sizes of circle punches and a good ol’ sewing machine. Punch a bunch of circles out then sew them with sewing machine in straight line and then you can already started hanging them on the wall.
Birthday-Banner-Tutorial-2
I decided to have a Whale themed (with orange and white and blue combination) birthday party for my boy. So I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the whales, circles and letters. Stuck all the letters on the whales and big circles using the Therm O Web tape runner. Then I punched two holes on each side of the circles, string them together with ribbons. Off to hang the banner now! I done all these under 3 hours – including coming up with the theme, browsing pinterest, picking out papers and materials.”

Nevertheless, this is a fun (and also stressful) last minute project for me by combining all the Elle's Studio papers , from different collections, into one project! FUN!!
p.s. where have the previous 365 days gone? Happy Anniversary on being a Momma to myself ;)
XoXo
sam-sig

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)