Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bring Me A Sunny Day

       Teru teru bozu 照る照る坊主 bring me sunny day please =)

I made these cute 'teru teru bozu' last night and took approximately an hour for each doll. Some of you might think that these are just identical to cute little ghosts, but in Japan they are so much more than that.  Teru teru bozu literally translates to shiny shiny monk or sunny sunny boy.  This amulet is supposed to have magical powers to bring good weather and to stop or prevent a rainy day. Read more here.

What do you do when you are moody? Making these cute teru teru bozu definitely bring me sunny days when I am unhappy.


Let me know if you would like to get the crochet pattern. XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)