Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 32

I bought a lot of yummy papers from MME's new collection yesterday. So yummy that I have a tendency to hoard all these pretty papers.

There is this MME's Blog Challenge with the following guidelines:

  • Use the theme “YOU”.
  • Use this month’s sketch by Anam Stubbington as your starting point.
  • Use 80% My Mind’s Eye products. 
  • Design a layout based on this fabulous sketch and use the theme “YOU” on the layout (sketch by Anam Stubbington).


Here's my take on the challenge:
 
I only used one photo this layout so I basically just followed the sketch provided by just removing one photo from the sketch. Position of the main title & embellishments are still the same. This is my first time doing a layout using only products (I mean papers & brads) from ONLY ONE manufacturers. Only the letters stamps & rick-rack ribbon & thickers are from AC.

This is a photo of me attending an adoption drive by a non-profit organization named Paws Mission (now Second Chance) in Kuala Lumpur. I have been helping & supporting this animal rescue shelter (mainly dogs) for the past 2 years until I have relocated to Singapore. When we just started the independent rescue group, we built a make-shift shelter to house only 10+ puppies and now the shelter has almost 200+ furrizens. Hoarding Keeping the doggies in an over populated shelter is definitely not a wise move, thus we organize adoption drives & charity events periodically to create awareness on lending a helping hand to the voiceless animal & also rehome the dogs (sometimes cats) to loving families.

YOU in the title is for Second Chance's group of passionate volunteers & wonderful adopters. Being a volunteer in the rescue group mean you have to sacrifice your weekend to visit the shelter to do some cleaning work + bathing the dogs, attend adoption drives & charity events to raise fund, house visit the adopted animals, visiting the sicked animals at the vet clinic, sending doggie to the clinic for spaying etc. There was once we even spends a few weekends to catch a pack of stray dogs in a wealthy residential area as the resident associate received complaints and had plans to remove the dogs in an inhumane ways (i.e. poison them). If you would like to know more on what a volunteer / rescuer normally does, please read this post.

I think this is my first time scrapping a layout with a photo of ONLY myself. So embarrassing =P I have been told this adorable puppy (named Bubble) that I was holding has gone to the rainbow bridge due to some deadly virus. R.I.P. Bubble. 
I stamped the word C-L-URFUL & fussy cut them, replace the letter 'O' with brads. The whole layout is mostly in blue + yellow (milk??) scheme and the only splash of colors in the layout is this COLOURFUL title. I just love how cute it turned out. I also added some glossy accent to my hand-written tag - Second Chance to pop it up as it is the name of the rescue group.

I love the hexagon shape so I fussy cut some from the MME pattern paper and added some hand-written tags that say: FUN, hope, friends furever, tender-loving-care, patience & Open your heart. These meaningful phrases are meant for those adopters that are willing to adopt the homeless animals. Aren't those the components to accept a new fur friends to your life? I didn't put in my journalling in sentence as I know this picture speaks a thousand word & I will never forget my 2 wonderful (and super occupied) years with Second Chance.

That's all for this layout. Thanks for dropping by & pawlease leave me a comment to share your thoughts with me. By the way, do visit Second Chance's blog to get a glimpse of the cute fur friends in the shelter.

XoXo

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your take is awesome! Love it! Love how you did your title! So creative!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I am glad you did so I could find my way back to your lovely place! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)