Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Layouts⎪Tokyo trip *Kellie Stamps*

I didn't want to start every blog post saying the same thing, but Gosh! how time flies and it is already June? And its summer in US right now. We don't have sprint/summer/autumn/winter in Malaysia & Singapore, but I do follow holidays and seasons in the US as I scrap for design teams in US. I always like to work with themed products and Travel + Summer themed is always my favourite!

And here I am, to share a projects that I have guest design for Kellie Stamps which is designed by the amazingly talented Kellie Winnell. I first came across her stamps when I won one of her Instagram giveaway - which is the geometric shape + hello stamp set pictured bellow. I used the help stamps a lot, like almost on every of my weekly pages in my 2013 Project Life album, just because Hello was my one little word for 2013.

Then I emailed and asked her if I could guest DT for her stamps, unashamedly. And surprisingly, she came back with a YES! It is never wrong to ask if I really like her stamps so much right?



Once I got back from Japan, I started making some mini layouts for my trip and her stamps are so suitable for my page. So I quickly made 2 pages here, using the following products: Monday-Friday here, Photo Bomb here and My Home, here

I cut the little frames from a piece of DearLizzy patterned papers and stamped the sentiments in rainbow colors with Versacolor to make my own background. Trying to do layering with stamps instead of adding a tonnes of embellishments because I do not want my albums to be too thick as I had taken like 1000 photos throughout the 7 days trip.


Close-up of the steamed sentiments:



The rainbow hearts is a piece of overlay from one of the Freckled Fawn kit. Don't ask me which one, I jumbled them all up. LoL


This is one of my favourite photos from Tokuo Disney. Believe it or not, this is my first time visiting Disney, and i actually felt guilty and didn't take much picture. Reason? Because this is our honeymoon to Tokyo and we never bring our little man with us. I didn't want my Little Man come back to me one day and ask why I didn't bring him to Disneyland in the future. 


Close up of the mini layouts with all the stamp sentiments:
It seems I can only scrap with white background nowadays, then finish it up with some mist splatter.



I collected a lot of memorabilia during my trip, especially maps from various theme parks, ticket stubs and flyers. So I decided to add them to the pockets. Instead of using the sleeve protector / pockets that came with the Basic Grey Capture album, I added this super sturdy (and thick) plastic folder that I got from Daiso. It is sized at B6 (176 x 125 mm or 6.93 x 4.92 inches). For RM5 (less than USD2) for a pack of 16 folders is quite an awesome deal right?

What I do it I punch holes using my Cropadile after measuring the placement of the holes of the Basic Grey Album. It is tinier but I like that it is thick and sturdy, and also super cheap.



Here's how the packaging looks like, Trust me, I have bought like 5 packs from Daiso after watching Mit's video on how she use this folder in her filofax. Watch her awesome videos here. I also use these in my Kate Spade planner to hold my most used post it notes + index labels. 


Thanks for looking! Do remember to check out Kellie Stamps website for more info and inspiration! And I gotta tell you that her stamp is of superb quality!

XoXo,
sam-sig




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)