Friday, June 27, 2014

Stationery⎪Reviews for Zebra Brush Pen




Recently I have gotten a Kuretake Zig Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (in gold of course!) from my local scrapbook store Made With Love, Singapore. And I also met a scrapbook friend Teresa who was looking for brush pens to do some creative lettering . brush lettering for gift bags. So while I was looking for those Japanese brush pens and I came across this Zebra brush pen and fell in love with it. I love it so much and thought I should share a simple pen review here.

Do you still remember I have found a new purpose for my Mint & Gold Kikki K planner? Yes I am gonna keep my pen swatch in it and I even bring it with me when I go for stationery shopping. 


Features:
- Hard brush tip
- Fine nib
- Water-based dye ink


What I like about this Zebra Brush Pen:
❤ It is relatively cheap (or affordable I would say)
❤ I like that the brush is tiny (and relatively shorter) and thats why they call it the hard brush which is very similar to the feel of using a felt tip pen. It is easy control the brush while I write
❤ hard brush makes creating thin and thick lines super easy. For someone who hates her/his own handwriting like me, I actually think my brush lettering looks pretty good here. LoL
❤ Extremely smooth and the brush doesn't seem to split even if I do really quick writing
❤ Doesn't bleed through my planner pages (that's a bonus when I do creative lettering or brush lettering on my planner pages!)

What I don't like about this pen:
- There isn't much that I don't like about using, yet. I love it so much that I have been writing non-stop on circle label sticker to make thank you label for my shop. It is such a fun way to destress after taking care of a cranky toddler for two days. Ivan has been really cranky + feverish  after his vaccination 2 days ago. Now that he is sleeping so I just couldn't help myself writing with this brush for hours and decided to do a pen review immediately!

Close up: The hard brush that feels like felt tip pen.


I actually prefer using this brush for brush lettering compared to Zig Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush because the Wink Of Stella brush is longer & softer and make controlling the brush a tad harder for someone who just started brush lettering. 

One more close up of how I use the brush to write on my review page in my planner. 


And I told ya, I couldn't stop writing and writing with this brush pen. And I need up with so many Thank You label stickers. So just in case you got something from my shop, do remember I handwritten all these thank you labels with love Just in case you want to try brush lettering, you can watch this awesome video by Kristina Werner, and I have also bring in a few brush pens in my shop which you could get them here


Thank for looking! I hope you enjoy my pen reviews =) What do you want me to review next? Perfect pens for writing on washi tapes or my favourite white gel pen?

XoXo,
sam-sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)